Friday, December 21, 2007

Sorry It Took So Long

For the few if any readers of my wonderful blog I am sorry I haven't posted any new blogs since November. First of all, my beautiful and great financee lost her mom exactly on the day 13 months after she lost her dad. So I was running back and forth between Long Island and Rockland County.

Now lets talk about happier times. I went to Rissoteria's again for the second time a few weeks back and once again it was an amazing experience. They know sell gluten free cake and brownie mixes but i once again bought the chocalete chip cookie dough.

Now lets talk about my biggest discovery of the past month which is Chebe Bread. A little culinary knowledge about that naturally gluten free bread. It comes from Brazil where it is found everywhere from resturants, peoples homes and every where else people eat. It is a type of bread made from cheese and tapioca starch. Now its being sold in the USA as Chebe Bread and can be purchased online at www.chebebread.com and at many fine retailers like Back To Earth in New City NY and Jandis in Oceanside NY. It is a miracle product and having made biscuits and rolls so far its simple to do with the mix. If you want to get even simpler then you can buy the frozen mix and just reheat it in the oven.

Another awesome discovery is From Joan's GF Great Bakes out of Bellmore Long Island NY. It is her bagels. Oh my god! So fucking awesome! Stacey my financee cant get enough of them. The are in my opinion better then so called regular bagels. I just found out from her son that her store in bellmore has just cleared through all the local red tape and will be opening soon. Her website is www.gfgreatbakes.com. She also makes cookies and froozen pizza dough and english muffins which I havent tried yet. I bought these great bagels at The Gluten Free Mart in Fairlawn NJ.

Have a happy GF Holiday!

No comments: